The safety, health and well-being of our patients is always our highest priority. Our staff and physical therapists have been working hard to continue to maintain a safe environment for our patients, while continuing to provide the highest level of care. Governor Inslee has deemed Physical Therapy an essential business and one that’s critical to protecting the health and well-being of all Washingtonians. As such, our clinics have remained open throughout the Stay at Home order, while complying with all CDC and Department of Health guidelines and directives and will continue to do so as we move through Washington’s phased approach to recovery.
With that in mind, we have always practiced exceptional hygienic protocols to keep our clinics clean and safe for our patients using products that are industry standards for controlling viruses, bacteria and other germs. We will continue practicing these protocols and have added a few additional safeguards in each clinic to meet the new requirements and regulations for social distancing and sanitation.
As we move forward, we want to clearly outline our commitment to your safety, as well as introduce some new policies that we’ve implemented based on new CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
STAFF AND THERAPIST POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Magnolia Physical Therapy staff and physical therapists will:
- Practice social distancing in all of our common spaces, including waiting rooms and gyms. We are proactively managing schedules to avoid overcrowding so that clinics and gyms have enough space for everyone.
- Thoroughly clean and wipe down all touchable surfaces in treatment rooms after use of the room, including, but not limited to: treatment tables, chairs, credenzas, evaluation tools, bolsters, doorknobs and handles.
- Thoroughly clean waiting rooms and common areas.
- Regularly wipe down equipment in the gym including weights, straps, tables and pulley handles.
- Launder linens after each use.
- Exercise exceptional personal hygiene practices including frequent hand washing between each patient and using hand sanitizer when needed during a patient visit.
- Wear masks while in the clinics.
PATIENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Magnolia Physical Therapy patients will:
- Contact Magnolia Physical Therapy to reschedule their appointment if they or anyone in their household have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are exhibiting symptoms of illness including, but not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Please note that this list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon arriving and before leaving the clinic.
- Answer a series of screening questions upon entering the clinic.
- Follow social distancing guidelines in the waiting areas.
- Wear masks or face coverings at all times when in the clinic – patients are encouraged to bring their own whenever possible.
- Be fever free for 24 hours before coming into the clinic.
- Encourage helpers / drivers who might be accompanying them to appointments to wait in their cars as we are trying to limit the number of people who are not patients in our clinics. If the patient is a minor (under 18), a legal guardian is welcome to accompany them to their appointment. Translators will also be permitted at appointments when necessary.
- Bring their own water containers to fill up at their appointment as needed.
Schedule a Consultation
our licensed therapist is here to help you.